View Single Post
Old November 21 2013, 07:10 AM   #36
GSchnitzer
Co-Executive Producer

Send a message via AIM to GSchnitzer Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to GSchnitzer Send a message via Yahoo to GSchnitzer
Re: Star Trek: Phase II - Kitumba

doubleohfive wrote: View Post

doubleohfive: I don't appreciate my private Facebook messages to you being posted like that on the Trek BBS. Those were sent to you as a courtesy and should be respected as such.
Noted. You are of course, quite right and I do apologize. However at the time Alec's assertions were being broadcast for one and all to see, I felt it was my only recourse to prove my point. As the original posts in question had been deleted, there was no way to reference them, either. To my knowledge messages on Facebook don't fall under any privacy rules here on this BBS, however I will promise not to share any future communications with you this way again.
doubleohfive:

This is a reminder (admonishment?) that the TrekBBS board has the following rule (available in our FAQ file):

“Privacy Issue - Private Messages, Chat Logs, Names, etc.

“On the internet, a person's privacy is very valuable. Unless a poster has made it clear they don't mind, you can't post any details of their real-life identity on the board. You also cannot post material such as chat logs, emails, private messages or messages from other message boards - without the consent of all involved parties.”

(I think this rule was written before the advent of Facebook and Twitter, but I think few would argue that the Rule should be construed as not applying to Facebook posts and Twitter tweets.)

For what it's worth, in the "unless a poster has made it clear they don't mind" category, folks have standing permission to repost any comments I make in any forums or message boards (and, yes, to include Facebook and Twitter) without first securing further permission from me. (I always write for the record unless I (rarely) explicitly include some kind of "not to be quoted" disclaimer.
http://www.startrekphase2.com
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3348883/
GSchnitzer is offline   Reply With Quote