View Single Post
Old November 19 2013, 10:40 AM   #1037
N-121973
Commander

Re: Wiped Episode Discoveries

Nightowl1701 wrote: View Post
Bumping this up since we're supposedly a week out now from the announcement of Marco Polo. Here's where things currently stand on the omnirumor front:

- Restoration of Marco Polo running behind, may not be released until December/January.
- The next two episodes to be announced/released after The Massacre/The Macra Terror will be The Celestial Toymaker and The Faceless Ones.
- The Power of the Daleks will be released near the end of next year.
- Private collectors are starting to cash in on the Morris find. The Daleks' Master Plan parts 4 (Katarina dies), 7 (Yes, the infamous Feast of Steven), 11 & 12 (Sara Kingdom dies) have been turned in. 11 & 12 may not be salvageable, the film prints have stuck together and need to be frozen to be separated.
- The Space Pirates part 3 has also been turned in from a private collector.
- At least 3 parts of The Wheel in Space has been found in Nigeria by Morris, and he is negotiating to get them to the UK.
- The Web of Fear part 3 does exist, and will be restored and ready in time for the DVD release.
- The Tenth Planet part 4 also exists, and will be released when ready.

Assuming that all of the above is true, that leaves Mission to the Unknown, Parts 1,3,6,8-9 of The Daleks' Master Plan, one part of The Wheel in Space, Parts 1 & 4 of The Invasion (animated), Parts 2-3 of The Ice Warriors (animated) and Parts 1, 4-6 of The Space Pirates still missing.
I think what makes makes me skeptical about finds apart from Marco Polo (and I'm not completely sold on that) is the bit about the Tenth Planet. Its my birthday in a couple of weeks and I'm thinking of asking for the DVD as a present, however if the above rumour's true and they have found and are restoring episode 4, I'd rather wait for the special edition re-release containing all four live action episodes. By allowing these rumours to fester the BBC are potentially losing out, at least in the short term on money. And why release it now if they have or are about to have all four episodes in their possession? I'm sure they could have come up with an excuse if they wanted didn't wanted to give the game away too early.
N-121973 is offline   Reply With Quote