View Single Post
Old March 13 2007, 07:35 AM   #14
Fleet Captain
Re: How long until TNG: Remastered?

I don't think TNG needs to be re-mastering for a while if ever. Right now the attention is back on TOS, making the old schoolers happy; also I guess the younger fans of that show.

It needed it; it is about what now, 40 years old? It's not going to make me watch it, despite what some old timers say, and even I might say, its not just about the special effects. But it might interest other people that might not other wise watched it.

TNG is still remembered by most of my Gen, itís what most of my generation watched even if they did not become big enough fans to pay attention to the sequel shows.

I'm starting to think that most people of my gen who watched TNG, later moved on to other sci-fi and don't really care about Trek anymore. Most of the Trek fans left are old timers so I don't know if there are enough people left who care about TNG to want it "remasterd."

Itís my favorite Trek show, and really I don't care. If itís forgotten like our resident TOS and DS9 fans seem to want, I will still be its fan. I have it in my own personal collection so I don't have to depend on a network to show it.
romulus is offline   Reply With Quote