View Single Post
Old November 16 2013, 11:51 PM   #464
BigJake
Rear Admiral

Re: Orci, Kurtzman and Lindelof should not Return.

BillJ wrote: View Post
We literally had one poster arguing that Into Darkness wasn't Star Trek because it had Spock running.
Oh, I don't doubt there are some oddball notions out there, going way back. Sometimes one just has to shake one's head and move on.

Nerys Myk wrote:
But is it really a bad idea? Is the idea that with the application of some 23rd Century medical knowledge Khan's blood can be used to bring Kirk back from what should be a fatal exposure to radiation really a bad one?
It depends ultimately on what you're looking for from a Trek story. In narrative terms the "magic blood" trope strikes me as a fantasy or comic book superhero idea. Probably the latter: I don't think the way Lindelof keeps talking about elements of the movies by analogy with superhero mythology is coincidence. It rubs me the wrong way because I don't really come to Trek for straight-up superhero or fantasy stories per se (same reason I never much cared for that TOS episode where they literally encounter a Greek God).