View Single Post
Old November 15 2013, 08:24 PM   #24
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: On Second Thought....

Kelthaz wrote: View Post

And Transformers has 4,000,000+ fans with an 85% rating. That's like 20 times better than "Into Darkness". Clearly, that proves that the Transformers franchise is not ruined at all. You're trying to use popularity (derived from a very unreliable source) to discredit arguments from people who dislike the films. That's kinda rude. Popularity is completely irrelevant unless we're talking about the films from a business or financial point of view.
Do you have any proof that Rotten Tomatoes is an unreliable source? What exactly qualifies as a reliable source?

I'm not trying to discredit anyone's coherent arguments about the quality of the film. What I'm trying to do is show the whiny "Star Trek never did that" and the ones who claim "Abrams and Company are ruining the franchise" some perspective. I've said it at least a hundred times before and I'm sure I'll say it a hundred times again: Star Trek Into Darkness IS NOT a perfect movie, it has flaws but is damn fun to watch.