View Single Post
Old November 15 2013, 06:02 PM   #15
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: On Second Thought....

MakeshiftPython wrote: View Post
It IS pretty pro-nuTrek compared to other places I've posted. I was actually very surprised when I found that out here by looking at the polls with "A" scoring the most, and then the many members who posted showing great support Abrams, Orci, Kurtzman, Lindelof, "box office success!", "they scored high on Rotten Tomatoes!". Over at CHUD, they're usually referred to as The Four Horsemen, mainly because all of their output along with nuTrek has been recognized as awful and that they tend to push aside better/talented writers out of projects because they have more power in Hollywood due to box office successes.
Rotten Tomatoes with 230,000+ people voting is a far more statistically significant sample than either the 700 people who have voted here or the 100 people who voted at the Vegas Con and likely far more than voted at CHUD.com (whatever that is).

The thing that has probably kept me active watching Star Trek for so long is the diversity in storytelling it offers. I count Star Trek: The Motion Picture as my favorite Star Trek film yet still love Star Trek Into Darkness. I love Bound (ENT) yet also love Where No One Has Gone Before (TNG). I love The Siege of AR-558 (DS9) yet also love The Trouble with Tribbles (TOS).

Some people here seem offended that Abrams and Company have made Star Trek fun and accessible to general audiences again. Which I really don't understand and probably never will. Is it really their fault that Trek got so bogged down in minutiae that it drove general audiences away?