View Single Post
Old November 14 2013, 04:48 PM   #97
Re: Angst-Ridden Dating Rant #17

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
I pretty much expect any advice I give around to here to go down a black hole.
What? Posters ignoring any words of wisdom one of our revered Mods is so gracious as to share with us? Naaaah!
(LOL sorry, but you almost asked for this. Feel free to occasionally pull my leg for revenge [preferably the right one - I've broken my left knee recently ])

I think everyone has the highest opinion of themselves. It's only human. What is important in life (and particularly in relationships) is to question, analyze and view with a critical eye not only the rest of the world but also oneself.
Only if we realize our erors we can learn from them and improve. And if we don't realize them it's ok to ask others.
However, we should only ask if we are willing to accept an answer, even if it's an unpleasant one.

The latter is in my humble opinion the root of Kommander's problems, both with the potential GF and with our recommendations. Both are based on not being able to accept an unpleasant situation and to change an apparently disadvantageous behaviour pattern.

And at a second thought, a lack of trust comes into the equation, too, as a third factor or at least a co-factor.
a hug a day keeps the psychiatrist away
rhubarbodendron is offline   Reply With Quote