View Single Post
Old November 14 2013, 03:45 AM   #27
Locutus of Bored
A Certain Point of View

Re: Happy Veterans Day!

Yanks wrote: View Post
Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post
I'm sure the original intent of Veteran's Day was to have veterans going around presuming or demanding thanks from people, so congratulations on nailing the meaning of the day and expressing it in the least arrogant way possible once again.
Actually, the purpose of the post was to thank other Veterans.

For everyone that has stepped up to the plate and taken the oath to place an ideal ahead of self interest, I'm honored to be among your ranks. God bless each and every one of you and may this great country remain a testament to your faithful and honorable service. You are all great Americans!

..and my 2nd post.

Wow, no Veterans here?

Not sure how that can be construed as demanding anything from anyone.
Man, you are either as dense as tungsten or being deliberately obtuse to be irritating. I was quite clearly specifically addressing this comment of yours; you know, the one that I quoted in that post?

As the U.S. Constitution guarantees your Right to rant, you're welcome.
If I want to thank you personally, I'll thank you. Don't presume to do it for me. That's arrogant as hell.

I would agree, the biggest problem is most might as well be from the same party when it comes to spending.
Oh, are we going to switch to your Tea Party parroting questionable knowledge of political facts now in addition to your questionable knowledge of history and absurd American exceptionalism?
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Locutus of Bored is offline   Reply With Quote