View Single Post
Old November 13 2013, 08:17 PM   #327
MakeshiftPython
Captain

Re: Orci, Kurtzman and Lindelof should not Return.

It wouldn't need to take seven hours just to explain why Starfleet didn't do anything when two ships were combating on their front lawn, especially when it became clear both the Enterprise and Vengeance had become crippled to the point of being pulled into the Earth's atmosphere.

"Don't bother, Marcus obviously has everything under control. We'll just see how things play out."

*Vengeance crashes into San Fransisco*

"Oh."

I think a simple "I informed Starfleet that you're a terrorist that needs to be taken out for blah blah blah" would have sufficed. Quick, simple, informative and puts aside any questions for those who are taken aback by the events. Heck, at least that would have been something. Resorting to "it's just common sense" comes off like saying "no no, there's nothing wrong with the film, there's something wrong with YOU for not figuring it out." I do agree with the sentiment of not wanting to be spoon fed every information, but that doesn't seem to apply here since there's little info to go by beyond "he's a top admiral, look over there, a rabbit!". Go ahead and buy what hacks like Orci, Kurtzman and Lindelof sell, I'm not.
MakeshiftPython is offline   Reply With Quote