View Single Post
Old November 13 2013, 06:13 PM   #3991
Scout101
Admiral

Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Timelord_Victorious wrote: View Post
Well, I think it's more complicated than that. They just never get the chance to test under full server lose until they go live with an update.
Ok, but that just means that they've been suprised 8 times in a row, that's all. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me 8 times? Come on. Gotta be a way to simulate this better, or give better testing rewards (and advertise them) to get people to help. Or if it's just server capacity, have resources they can bring online for a couple weeks until the surge dies down. Every time they add a new season/patch, we get huge queues, server crashes, and other hiccups that aren't related to the 'bugs' in the gameplay they missed. How many times can they act shocked?

For all the help they get with testing, doesn't seem like they implement a lot. Did they do testing rewards this time around? Didn't see anything? That's more about the bugs/design than the server loads, though.

And then, gotta guide the testing somewhat. Kinda seems like the ground aspects didn't get nearly the testing the space side did. Mostly because they suck at ground, and don't recognize that they need to make ground rewards bigger to justify the harder missions and longer times to complete.

Think about it: when's the last time you did a ground STF? Can you even find a PUG group to do one anymore? Last couple times I tried, I couldn't get one to start. Can almost never even scrape one up in the EliteSTF channel anymore. Rewards are all the same, so you do the easy 5 minute space one instead of the harder 30 minute ground one...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote