View Single Post
Old November 13 2013, 02:26 PM   #19
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: PStewart confirms there was a Star Trek 'Avengers' script post Nem

Sran wrote: View Post

In any case, I think a large group could carry a film if there were at least one big-name star (like Stewart) to round out the cast, plus a guest-star who's also a big name. Ian McKellen's always been a great foil for Stewart as Magneto. I wonder if he'd do Star Trek if asked. I think he'd be a great Romulan, Vulcan, or Cardassian character.
But then you're back to all those characters being in the background while the star and guest star got the majority of the story and lines. You're back to the Shatner/Nimoy and Stewart/Spiner dynamic. A "big two" and scraps for the rest. I think the best thing that could happen to Star Trek would be to develop a dedicated movie crew with characters who could be moved in and out as the story dictated.

I always thought the "Justice League of Trek" concept being kicked around was a horrible idea for a feature film.

Hober Mallow wrote: View Post
Thank God John Logan never touched Trek again.
I don't know. I blame the last two TNG films on Stewart and Spiner far more than anyone else.