Thread: TMP on Blu-Ray
View Single Post
Old November 12 2013, 06:08 PM   #90
Grant
Fleet Captain

Re: TMP on Blu-Ray

Jeyl wrote: View Post
BillJ wrote: View Post
I'm much happier with the theatrical cuts. Never was much of a "DE" man. Usually scenes are cut for a good reason.
But the DE cut scenes of it's own, some for very good reasons as well.
"Oh my god."
And I like some of the added scenes!
"He insisted we go first sir. Said something about first seeing how it scrambled our molecules."
"That's a familiar ring, isn't it?"
By far the best alteration I've ever experienced in seeing an alternate version of a film is this elimination,
INTRUDER ALERT! INTRUDER ALERT! INTRUDER ALERT! INTRUDER ALERT! INTRUDER ALERT! INTRUDER ALERT! INTRUDER ALERT! INTRUDER ALERT! INTRUDER ALERT! INTRUDER ALERT! INTRUDER ALERT!

EMERGENCY ALERT! NEGATIVE CONTROL AT HELM! EMERGENCY ALERT! NEGATIVE CONTROL AT HELM! EMERGENCY ALERT! NEGATIVE CONTROL AT HELM! EMERGENCY ALERT! NEGATIVE CONTROL AT HELM!
And the computer voice over that wasn't eliminated was redone with an actress. The Enterprise is a lady, and deserves a lady's voice.
Yeah, I never understood that---the 'refit' changed the computer voice to a male that sounded even MORE artificial than the previous voice??
So in the 23rd century they still can't make a computer voice any more realistic the Stephen Hawking-esque sounding thing? Maybe it was a tribute to him! LOL.
Grant is offline   Reply With Quote