View Single Post
Old November 11 2013, 08:38 PM   #70
MacLeod
Admiral

Re: Time changed... When will it end.

Data Holmes wrote: View Post
iguana_tonante wrote: View Post
Rhubarbodendron wrote: View Post
Hmm, in this post I'm missing evidence for the "gentleman" bit in your sig. Just because you disagree you needn't be rude.
It's not a matter of disagreeing, it's a matter of lying. Disagreament means that both parts hold a reasonable position. Two months to deal with 1-hour shift? That doesn't pass the smell test. So I reserve my consideration for people who do not make stuff up to argue their point.
Except that scientific study has concluded that the human body never adjusts to The DST/ST shift...

Squiggy wrote: View Post
Data Holmes wrote: View Post

I've called for a singular global time in the past. I like the idea, but it didn't fly in here.
If the human body won't ever adjust to DST I doubt it would ever adjust waking up at 1am to go to work everyday.
it's a just a number on a clock. It won't change the "time" the sun comes up, or you goto work, or anything else you do now. It just means the number is different.

Are you colder when it's 0 degrees C instead of 32 degrees F? Are you going faster at 80kph than at 50mph? Do you drink more water if you consume 3.79L instead of 1gallon?
For the latter I'd say less at 3.79L as 1 gallon (imperial) is equal to approx 4.55 Litres.

But I suspect you meant US liquid gallon, but there is also the US dry gallon which is approx 4.4L.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote