View Single Post
Old November 11 2013, 07:16 PM   #168
dansigal
Commander

Re: Marvel Studios may be planning more MCU for the small screen

That's all completely fair and a much more reasonable point then you were initially making. Netflix doesn't work for you, and there are lots of other people that Netflix doesn't work for either. I get that, and it stinks for people who want to watch these shows but aren't in a position to. But my overall point is, that's no different then many people who can't afford to pay for premium cable channels or just cable at all. You wouldn't make an argument that shows shouldn't be on cable for this reason. In fact, there are a growing amount of people who are financially strapped and choose to prioritize internet over cable, and for those people, Netflix is a cheaper option and they will actually be better served by this decision. You can't please everyone all the time, and that's just the way of the world.

My overall point here is had your reaction been more akin to "this stinks for me because I'd want to watch this and I can't because of my situation" rather than a rant against Marvel, Netflix and definitive statements like Netflix will never be able to do quality programming or the people who made this decision must be stupid or hate traditional media, then I think you would have gotten more people who agree with you and it would have facilitated some more productive discussion
dansigal is offline   Reply With Quote