View Single Post
Old November 11 2013, 04:58 PM   #1
Yanks
Fleet Captain

Happy Veterans Day!

I posted this on FB. I wanted to share with you folks here too.

"We the people, in order to form a more perfect union…”; the words that preface our Constitution. Over 200 years ago, some very smart and brave men sacrificed everything, many their lives, when they signed a document that separated our country from every other country on Earth. Every Veteran raises his right hand and swears(or affirms) to uphold the unique ideals contained in this very special document. We swore to uphold a principle, a principle of self governance. All citizens of this great country have god given natural rights, not privileges granted from a king or a dictator. Our armed forces have not only protected our shores but have been a force for liberty throughout the world, coming to the aid of oppressed people time and time again. For everyone that has stepped up to the plate and taken the oath to place an ideal ahead of self interest, I'm honored to be among your ranks. God bless each and every one of you and may this great country remain a testament to your faithful and honorable service. You are all great Americans!