View Single Post
Old November 11 2013, 10:28 AM   #202
BigJake
Rear Admiral

Re: Orci, Kurtzman and Lindelof should not Return.

SeerSGB wrote: View Post
Gee that sounds familiar. Like I saw it in a movie recently.
Except that is rather an instance of defending a nuTrek trope by comparing it to an extremely terrible idea from a fairly terrible episode on the downslope of the Berman-era franchise, innit. How compelling it is to say something is not a terrible idea because it looks sort of like a terrible idea they had on Voyager... on a Voyager *Neelix episode* no less... meh.

Borg nanoprobe MagicBlood that revives people who are only Mostly-Dead instead of All-Dead (in which case all you can do is go through their pockets and look for loose change) was for the record one of many truly terrible Voyager ideas, right up there with the episode where Voyager has to *teach the Borg* how to adapt their nanoprobes to attack Species Random-Sequence-of-Numbers. Put Mortal Coil and Scorpion together and you nearly have MagicBlood that is arguably just as ill-conceived as nuKhan-vintage MagicBlood in nuTrek.

Which speaks well of neither proposition.

Last edited by BigJake; November 11 2013 at 10:40 AM.
BigJake is online now   Reply With Quote