View Single Post
Old November 11 2013, 07:50 AM   #650
CorporalCaptain
Admiral

Re: Do fans want the prime timeline back? Part 2: Poll edition.

teacake wrote: View Post
This time in JJ-ourney to Babel it's a very young Perrin or perhaps her mother? At Sarek's side.
Yeah.

I claimed Journey to Babel might need heavy rewriting, due to Amanda's absence, but that's probably an exaggeration. I've got it: Uhura slaps Spock. There, I did it.

Even Spock placing his duty to the ship above his duty to his father, because he thinks it's the right thing to do, and not to mention what his father expects of him, that doesn't seem out of character for nuSpock.

Not that I expect the JJverse to engage in a replay of all the old episodes. That's not what I'm proposing. I'm simply saying that, with respect to the Prime Universe stories we've already seen in canon, transplanting them to the JJverse doesn't seem insurmountable. With respect to the kinds of adventures Star Trek has had in canon, the differences between the Prime Universe and the JJverse, as a setting for those adventures, aren't as major as some fans like to claim. Nor do the nucharacters appear to be warped beyond recognition.

The more I think about nuTrek, the more I like it, because the more it makes sense.