View Single Post
Old November 11 2013, 04:25 AM   #568
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Re: The Walking Dead Season 4

Kestrel wrote: View Post
Kickass episode, probably the best of the season. Herschel's a boss and I love how much he got to do here - Carol wishes she had his strength. Rick and Carl vs. the Horde was great, glad that Maggie finally got some real focus. Maggie's agreement with and Herschel's (presumed) understanding of Rick's actions was really nice, and while I'm sure Daryl's gonna have a much more negative reaction I'm pretty sure he comes around.

TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post
Rick: watched Hershel do and say exactly what Carol said earlier, making his treatment of her assbrained at best.
Nope. Not even remotely.
Carol was right: anyone infected to that degree dies and reanimates. This played out with Caleb, and various cellmates, including the people killed by Glen and Hershel. They did not have medicine in time to save Karen--or anyone in this latest episode who lost their fight with the disease. Moreover, Caleb did not have IVs for everyone, and they're forced to share the airbag, so after the passage of time--and no guarantee of a treatment--chaos kicked the doors open, and Lizzie and Hershel nearly lost their lives.

Rick's misguided, sympathetic stand was all for nothing.