View Single Post
Old November 11 2013, 02:36 AM   #89
The Old Mixer
Vice Admiral

Re: THOR: THE DARK WORLD - Grading & Discussion

It was entertaining, though I can't say I liked it as much as the first one. Loki was put to good use with more than one deceptive twist.

Didn't much care for having dark elves in spaceships being shot at by Asgardian ray-guns. I know that it's supposed to be science so advanced that it looks like magic...but it didn't look like magic this time, it looked like Star Wars.

For those expressing confusion, the nine realms are different dimensions, with Midgard being Earth's entire dimension...and Earth conveniently being the focal point of Midgard from the Asgardians' perspective.

The GotG teaser was odd but harmless. Didn't catch that giving the Infinity Gem/whatever to the Collector was Loki's call. Also didn't catch that the Inifinity Gem in question was the Aether, until I read it here.

Also, I missed a few minutes between when Thor and friends were starting to place Selvig's devices in London and the dimension-hopping fight between Thor and Malekith (my bladder not being what it used to be in 1978 when I maintained control through most of Superman). Was there anything noteworthy in there?