View Single Post
Old November 10 2013, 05:15 AM   #635
Timewalker
Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady

Re: Do fans want the prime timeline back? Part 2: Poll edition.

Have you ever read this book? Just curious, because it details all kinds of ridiculous ideas for the movie, some of which must have percolated in someone's mind, given the "let's go to the middle of the galaxy to find God" crap that was ST V.

There were some interesting ideas as well, involving time travel, and who knows if those could have worked?

As I've said, if/when I find the other reference I've mentioned, I will certainly post whatever information I have. For now, you will have to trust my word that I remember reading it, although after all these years I'm not sure exactly where. It may take awhile, since I'm doing NaNoWriMo this month and my reading time is limited.

I don't see why it's difficult to understand why someone (me, among many other hypothetical movie audience members) would be angry at being thought stupid, since that's what the studio individual did when he (assuming it was a "he") said the viewers would never know the difference.

The reason I said the person had "input" is because this incident was mentioned in the first place. If the person didn't have the right and authority to make suggestions, recommendations, or order the movie to include certain themes, it likely wouldn't have been deemed important enough for Susan Sackett to mention it in this book.

For some great Original Series fanfic, check out the Valjiir Continuum!
Timewalker is offline   Reply With Quote