View Single Post
Old November 9 2013, 08:53 AM   #67
Kommander
Commodore

Re: Angst-Ridden Dating Rant #17

This makes me think you only started the thread because you wanted people to entertain you. You don't want anyone's advice at all it seems.[/QUOTE]
Oh, I definitely am an attention whore. However, it that was all that was, I have better ways of getting it, i.e.: every other post I've made that is outside this and other threads about dating.

sttngfan1701d wrote: View Post
He's full of himself. He doesn't understand much of anything that anyone has posted here and it's clear that he doesn't want to.
I listened to some people, many of them saying similar things to what you said. The difference was, they were less hostile.

All well. Lesson learned. I'm done with these types of threads.
You will be missed.

I'm just glad I'm not one of his professors.
I am in 100% agreement with this.

mickmike wrote: View Post
i would take it on a thread by thread basis. Some people on here genuinely need or want help at times, others just want you to fuel their narcisissm.
In this case, probably 20% narcissism, 15% attempted entertainment, 60% "I could use some input here," and 5% Teh Baba.

Also, after my experiences earlier, I have decided to accept all criticism regarding the "stop hesitating and ask her out already" aspect of this thread.

One of my bosses at a previous job had an "I passed the bar exam" party at this bar everyone from that place of employment goes to. It was an after-work thing, so everyone left by 10, except for me, because I was too drunk to drive home at that point. So, I got talking to random people, and then spent a good deal of time talking to a woman I found quite attractive. She dropped "I'm single" into the conversation three or four times, and I understood why. However, when she was ready to leave, said bye to me, waited about 30 seconds, and then said bye to me again, rather than asking for her phone number like any reasonable person would, I instead said "bye." Now I'll never see her again.

What makes it worse is that I had a very similar conversation with a different woman I also found very attractive earlier in the evening. I did manage to exchange numbers with that woman, but 50% failure is still failure.

So yes, hesitation is bad and I will freely take shit for it.
Kommander is offline   Reply With Quote