View Single Post
Old November 9 2013, 07:49 AM   #316
Agent Richard07
Retired

Re: The Legend of Korra - Book Two: Spirits

2x10: "A New Spiritual Age"

An excellent episode, probably the best of Book 2, not counting "Beginnings". We haven't had an episode that fast-paced or tense since Book 1. No filler, just pure Korra and the story at hand. The situation with Vaatu has me worried. He wants to wipe out Raava. I wonder if Korra will have to give up the avatar spirit (at least temporarily) to save someone or prevent something. That's a possibility, either in place of, or in addition to a dark avatar. We'll see. As mentioned already, something better than a straightforward battle with Vaatu has to happen if the writers are any good.

Also, it was nice to see Iroh again even if he sounded a little different. Lots of good real-world wisdom there if you pay attention and read between the lines. I also liked how well the spirit world was brought to life. Felt like something out of The Lovely Bones. Then there's that owl. Not especially pleasant in The Last Airbender and now he's put his trust in Unalaq. Not much else to say since there's more to come. I'm looking forward to seeing how it all goes down.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote