View Single Post
Old November 9 2013, 05:52 AM   #22
CorporalCaptain
Vice Admiral

Re: THOR: THE DARK WORLD - Grading & Discussion

I saw it. Not as good as the first Thor movie, but it had its righteous moments. The visuals were simply amazing.

What I thought was lacking was a more developed tension between Sif and Thor. We know that Sif will always be on Thor's side, no matter what, but I would have liked to have found out more about her character. In particular, I would have liked to have seen her gain Jane's trust. Thankfully, the relationship between Frigga and Jane was explored. I'm glad that Loki was showcased as much as he was. Ditto for Heimdall. The funeral was beautiful.

On the downside, the Aether threat reminded me too much of Parallax in the Green Lantern film: a colored fluid flowing through space. I did not want to be reminded of that sadly unrewatchable piece of crap, and I would have appreciated it, if the Thor crew had been able to come up with some other form for the manifestation.

I thought getting back with the car keys was way too easy and convenient. Even if the portals all exited near each other because of portal affinity or whatever, at least Thor and Jane should have had to go looking for what they'd figured out was a nearby portal.

Somehow, this lacked the emotional punch of the first film.

B+.

The Cap trailer was freaking amazing.