View Single Post
Old November 9 2013, 01:21 AM   #626
Hober Mallow
Commodore

Location: The planet Terminus, site of the Encyclopedia Foundation on the periphery of the galaxy
Re: Do fans want the prime timeline back? Part 2: Poll edition.

Ryan8bit wrote: View Post
Hober Mallow wrote: View Post
I'm not sure what you're arguing, as my point had nothing whatsoever to do with the quality of any series. All I mean by "derivative" is that the Trek spinoffs are derived from the original Star Trek series.
I think a certain amount can be read in to how you phrase things. You're basically saying that you don't like anything but the original series--
Care to quote where I said anything even close to that?

Ryan8bit wrote: View Post
Also, the chances of them making a Star Trek that you actually like are close to nil.
A bit presumptuous of you to think you know what I'd like in Trek series, isn't it?

I don't know why you bother with the future of Trek. Nobody is going to come back and reboot the original series while ignoring everything else and still somehow fit under the umbrella of what you want to see.
Star Trek is indeed going to be rebooted, whether you like it or not.

Nothing is going to be exactly like it was in the 60s.
That's a good thing, because the last thing I'd want is a 60s-style Trek. I want Trek to be relevant to us today. That's why I can't get through one of those youtube Trek fanwank series.

Times have changed too much for that, or TNG, or DS9, or whatever people hold as their favorite.
Exactly. Thank you for making my argument for me. That's exactly my point. It's time to move on and make Trek relevant again.
Timewalker wrote: View Post
Everybody died by the end of Hamlet. Unless you do a Shakespearean version of CSI, there's nothing more to be said.
Not everyone died. Fortinbras reclaimed his family's lost land, Horatio lived to tell the world Hamlet's story. Also, Yorick's skull is still lying around somewhere.