View Single Post
Old November 8 2013, 07:30 AM   #8
Agent Richard07
Retired

Re: THOR: THE DARK WORLD - Grading & Discussion

B-

The Good

- Once again, Chris Hemsworth was fantastic as the larger-than-life hero who acted with strength and spoke with old style formality. He's a good actor.

- Hiddleston was great too. He's what you'd call "deliciously evil" but he had some other good moments too.

- The hammer work that combined Hemsworth's own skill with some pretty creative effects was incredible and fun to watch. I think we have here an entirely new fighting style. Hammer Fu.

- Asgard was a fascinating place and I enjoyed seeing more of it. Tech so advanced that it looks like magic.

- Lots of big names reprised their bit parts and non-starring roles. I'm impressed that someone made that happen.

The Bad

- Not the most compelling story. I thought the first movie was better in this department.

- Hemsworth's Thor and Portman's Jane were a mismatch. They didn't have much in the way of chemistry.

Other Stuff

- I totally didn't recognize Zachary Levi. Click here to see. Apparently he replaced Josh Dallas who couldn't reprise the role because he of his commitment to Once Upon a Time. I wouldn't have known. It was a bit character.

- There's a mid-credit scene and an end-credit scene so stay for those.

Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote