View Single Post
Old November 7 2013, 04:33 PM   #28
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

Re: Marvel Studios may be planning more MCU for the small screen

Looks interesting, if overly ambitious. It shows not only the faith Marvel has in their programming, but in the faith they have in Agent's of SHIELD. I'll probably get a Netflix account again for this. Daredevil is really the only one I care about, but I think the long-format will be better. It's a shame Hell's Kitchen isn't as shitty as it once was (OK, for the people living there, it probably isn't), but the Marvel Universe is slightly different from ours, so that's ok. I think the extra space will let them devote some time to Matt Murdock the attorney as well as Daredevil the character. I'm looking forward to seeing what they can come up with.

ETA: I know next to nothing about the Defenders. A quick wikipedia search says at least Iron Fist and Luke Cage are involved (and Jessica Jones has connections to Luke Cage), so that could work out. Daredevil doesn't seem to have real connections, but I'd have no problem with him joining with them to make this work out. It seems fun and a good way to use these characters. Although it does suggest no real Agents of SHIELD use of these characters (except perhaps in a tie-in/spinoff episode).