View Single Post
Old November 7 2013, 02:59 PM   #51
Chensams
Vice Admiral

Re: NEMESIS: the good, and not so bad.

I just rewatched it for the second time last night. Lifelong TNG fan and I didn't even bother to see it in the theaters because I heard how bad it was. When I originally watched it on DVD, I thought it wasn't that bad. Rewatching it Blu Ray last night, I guess some of the special effects were good (some). I liked that Riker and Troi were progressing in both life and their careers. The senate scene was good.

As far as the bad, too many characters were short changed with screen time. The villian really wasn't that interesting. I didn't like the dune buggy scene.

I rewatched all 4 Blu Rays with my daughter and of the 4, the lighting on this one, particularly on the Enterprise, was the worst. Way too dark. It was hard to get a feel of the Enterprise.

Originally my biggest issue was Data dying and the inclusion of B4 and that was one of the reasons I didn't bother to see the film when it first came out. When I first watched it, I wasn't as mad since they make it fairly obvious that B4 is slowly turning into Data with his memory engrams. However, it basically makes the emotional impact of Data's death pretty much pointless and a ripoff of TWOK's ending.

But hell, I happy Data is still alive and kicking...