View Single Post
Old November 6 2013, 02:24 PM   #2705
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr
Re: sf/f TV development news - 2013

JD wrote: View Post
They were stories that they were working on developing a Raven show around the time Smallville ended, but I don't think anything ever became of it.
I love Raven, but I don't think it's a concept that would work for television. Raven was raised in another dimension, and taught to use her magic there. When she was a teen, she was ready to fight evil.

TV would have her raised in small town America, and not aware of her special nature until the events of the pilot. She would meet a wise mentor who can tutor in learning to use her magical abilities. It would be an age of discovery storyline.

The problem is, despite being half demon, the show comes across as a witch story. And with the exception of Bewitched and Charmed, witches have no staying power on television.

It's possible they even recognized the similarity, because they did have the series The Secret Circle that was a witch story come out a couple of years ago, and it didn't last.
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended. - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is online now   Reply With Quote