View Single Post
Old November 5 2013, 04:43 PM   #8
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson
Re: Kate Stewart in Day of the Doctor (SPOILERS!)

Noddy wrote: View Post
Except it wasn't fan supposition. The Doctor first met adult Amy and Rory in 2010, as is shown multiple times throughout Series 5; after their wedding, they next met the Doctor a year later, making it 2011. Following their Series 6 adventures, the Doctor next met them in The Doctor, the Widow, and the Wardrobe, where I believe it was stated that it had been two years since Amy and Rory last saw him, making it Christmas 2013. So all their subsequent stories with him had to have begun after that year, and that includes The Power of Three. The chronology just completely falls apart otherwise.
Noddy, I don't disagree with you.

I'm just saying that Moffat will probably sidestep the question because he'd much rather have his story take place in the present (on the anniversary date, no doubt) and proffer nonsense when asked about it. The only people who would care about the chronology are Lance Parkin and the fans. The casual audience won't give a toss. They won't even be aware that "The Angels Take Manhattan" has the Doctor bringing Amy and Rory from their present in the future to 2012, even though that's logically what had to happen.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is online now   Reply With Quote