View Single Post
Old November 4 2013, 11:19 PM   #523
bountifulboxesjeg
Vice Admiral

Re: Do fans want the prime timeline back? Part 2: Poll edition.

Chemahkuu wrote: View Post
You know that's never going to happen... ?

... becuase it was beyond all chance of turning into a profitable venture again.
The NextGen'ers said the same thing about TOS. Anything is possible when enough time goes by.

Lynx wrote: View Post
... I don't think that the Primeverse is beyond all chances to be turned into a profitable and most of all enjoyable and successfull venture again. I think that's what they have to do if they don't want to lose the ardent die-hard fans together with those who see recent Trek as a temporarily interesting novelty before moving on to other trendy things.

Just look and see what we had. We had this universe created in TNG, DS9 and VOY with hundreds of exciting races and enormous possibilities to come up with good stories about all this. And what do the fools do? They regress back to pre-TOS, followed by a lousy remake of the same series. It's like if the whole music industry should abandon the technology of today and go back to 78 rpm records and technology from the 30's...
I'd rather the next series do what TNG did to TOS and set it in the 25th century.
bountifulboxesjeg is offline   Reply With Quote