View Single Post
Old November 3 2013, 03:24 PM   #38
Tora Ziyal
Rear Admiral

Re: It's that time again: Smartphone upgrade!

Tiberius wrote: View Post
Kreacher wrote: View Post
BTW, I already own a dedicated camera. I tend not to have it with me as much as I "should", though, sometimes because I forget it, and sometimes because I just don't want to carry one more thing. I'm not one of the women who carry those huge purses that you could live out of for a week. So I want another option. And one of the good things I read about the 5s and 5c is that they've increased the size of the pixels (compared to the 5).
I'm the same. I have a full dSLR kit which is about $15,000 all up. An expensive hobby. And while the iphone 5's camera does perform well, the disadvantages of the iOS system put me off it. Besides, do people tend to use their smartphone camera as their primary camera? When you go away on holidays, is your smartphone your main camera? I tend to use it just for quick snaps, and I'm sure most people would as well. Most smartphones are decent enough for this.
Actually, the last time I went away on holiday, I was still using my beloved Pentax ME Super SLR. You know, the kind with film. By comparison, my digital point-and-shoot is a piece of junk.

But, yes, lots of people now use their smartphones as their primary cameras -- with mixed results, depending on the phone and the photographer.
Tora Ziyal is offline   Reply With Quote