View Single Post
Old November 3 2013, 02:06 AM   #1473
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Re: ‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Christopher wrote: View Post
Greg Cox wrote: View Post
Seriously, what exactly is the issue here? Why do we think that audience's heads will explode if (gasp!) they see the same actor playing two different characters in the same genre? Maybe I'm showing my age here, but isn't that how movies--and acting--have always worked?
Buster Crabbe played Tarzan, Flash Gordon, and Buck Rogers. He even played Buck between the second and third Flash serials.
Yep. And as I've mentioned too many times before, Tom Tyler played both Captain Marvel and the Phantom in the original movie serials. And Lon Chaney Jr. played the Wolfman, the Mummy, Dracula, and the Frankenstein Monster back in the day.

Hell, more recently Christopher Lee played Saruman in THE LORD OF THE RINGS movies and Count Dooku in the STAR WARS series, not to mention Dracula, Frankenstein, the Mummy, Sherlock Holmes, Mycroft Holmes, and Sir Henry Baskerville once upon a time.

Actors play multiple roles, sometimes in the same genre. That's what they do. I doubt that anybody ever objected to Humphrey Bogart playing Sam Spade and Philip Marlowe . . . .