View Single Post
Old November 2 2013, 11:29 PM   #171
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Re: Arrow - Season 2

Sto-Vo-Kory wrote: View Post
DigificWriter wrote: View Post
kirk55555 wrote: View Post
Inappropriate in the same way that introducing a 80 year old woman, making her a geriatric, elderly assassin and calling her Lady Shiva would be. By inappropriate, I'm talking about pointlessly using a name from the comics in a way that makes absolutely no sense, even more so than the stupid version of Count verttigo.
To quote Inigo Montoya, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

IOW, somebody needs to look up the definition of the word 'inappropriate'.
One of the synonyms for inappropriate is "ill-fitting," which perfectly applies in what Kirk55555 is saying about what he feels is an unsuitable casting choice. I don't agree with his opinion but I think it's clear he not suggesting that casting a teenager in the role of a character that was originally a child is in any way "morally improper" (which is another synonym for inappropriate). The context in which he used the word makes that clear.
Not sure if it's ill fitting. The character in the TV show is a teenager and played by an actress who's pushing 20. All they've done is use the name of a comic book character who has a relationship with Black Canary. It's not all that different than using Felicity Smoake. Smoake isn't even in the Green Arrow "family".
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote