View Single Post
Old November 2 2013, 08:46 PM   #1364
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

Re: Agents of SHIELD. Season 1 Discussion Thread

Christopher wrote: View Post
I don't think anyone has ever claimed that it would never tie into the films. Obviously what defines the MCU is its interconnectivity. The only thing I objected to was a claim that without the film promotion, the show would have no "point." I felt that was an oversimplification -- that, while it was obvious and axiomatic that the show would tie into the films, that didn't mean it was the only reason the show existed. As you say, the stories need to have merit on their own rather than existing exclusively as promotions.

Exactly. I think it's to be expected that it would tie into the movies somewhat, because hey, this is the Marvel Universe, a universe that is heavily interconnected throughout its movies. I don't think it's far-fetched to think they might be doing the same thing with the TV show by at least incorporating some subtle and not so subtle references of its movies while they make them. The TV show itself stands well enough on its own merits without having to be a marketing tool.

And yeah, they wouldn't spoil anything. Everything about the movies is designed to compliment each other, and I doubt they would make the TV any different in that regard.
Owain Taggart is offline   Reply With Quote