View Single Post
Old November 2 2013, 06:49 PM   #12
Harbinger
Lieutenant Commander

Re: How Powerful Are The Q / Continuum?

NeedleOfInquiry wrote: View Post
GoRe Star wrote: View Post
But they're not omnipotent. Quinn said so.
But, wasn't this the same Quinn who wanted to end his own life, and risk throwing the Universe into chaos? Quinn had a clear agenda when he spoke with Tuvok. Quinn wanted to convince Tuvok, and Janeway, that his death wouldn't be that big of a deal.

He was proven wrong.

So, I'd think twice before taking him at his word.
I would trust Quinn's word over Q's. Q has always proven to be a trickster. He's the Loki of the Star Trek universe. Quinn may or may not have been wrong about throwing the universe into chaos. We saw some supernovas happen but nothing on an actual complete universal scale and everything was fixed in an episode.

I'm still not entirely convinced by Q. I'm not saying he and Continuum are not powerful. I mean, even Quinn never says otherwise in regards to that. I just don't fully believe he's as powerful as he claims. Quinn even states that the Q used to be like humans and they just evolved to a point or use super advanced technology that goes beyond human understanding. I would be more inclined to think the being at the center of the galaxy that was imprisoned on that planet may be more of a threat in the end.
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote