View Single Post
Old November 1 2013, 05:18 PM   #60
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Orci, Kurtzman and Lindelof should not Return.

Jeyl wrote: View Post
BillJ wrote: View Post
There was a payoff: It is part of Spock's journey. It is used to make Spock understand how Kirk saw him, how important Kirk thought he was.
So all that stuff about Spock being genuinely emotional about those closest to him in the last movie was all a lie? Didn't the last movie establish to both the audience AND Kirk that Spock does indeed have emotions and he does understand the concept of wanting to protect those closest to him? It sounds like you're praising these writers for purposefully forgetting important character moments for the sake of recycling them. But that's not surprising since ID recycles a lot of the last movie anyways.
Keep moving those goal posts.

You said there was no payoff for a scene from the beginning of the film, I've countered that there is. That doesn't mean I'm praising the writers for it, it means that there is a payoff to the scene from the beginning of the film.

Whether you like the payoff or think it's similar to something that happened in a prior film really has nothing to do with the conclusion you came too about the existence of a payoff.