View Single Post
Old October 30 2013, 10:24 PM   #1423
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Re: ‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Christopher wrote: View Post
It's not underwear. It's a pair of trunks, like swimwear. It's the sort of thing that circus acrobats and strongmen in the 1930s wore over their tights for modesty.
What's funny is that the current costume really is underwear. It's pretty much the long johns that goes under the armor.

Christopher wrote: View Post
And I don't think it would look out of place for Superman to wear any more than the cape or the boots or the big S on his chest. It's just part of Superman's costume. And it works better visually than just an unbroken expanse of blue.
All I'm saying is that I can't see how they can put it back in as part of the costume in the next movie. What's done is done. And personally, I'm getting used to the new look and actually like it to the point where the classic outfit is starting to look like what it is... A flashy strongman outfit.

davejames wrote: View Post
The textured, rubberized look is pretty much a staple of every superhero movie costume nowadays, and I doubt it's going away.

As for why they texturized the one in MOS, it was probably because the S was so freakin huge that they had to do something.
I'm okay with the texture on the costume, it just looks odd on the S. And I don't think the S looks too big. It looks about right. The one from Superman Returns was too small. Want a big S? Look at the Eradicator's costume. Speaking of which, the Man of Steel costume does look like the Eradicator's outfit minus the black on the sides.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote