View Single Post
Old October 28 2013, 09:43 PM   #470
MacLeod
Admiral

Re: The Continuity and Serialization of Voyager

DigificWriter wrote: View Post
^ When you consider that there is a point in TUC where Vultane appears to be in two different places at once (thank you, Memory Alpha) and that the shot of the Excelsior crew is a very minor footnote of TUC's ending, any discontinuity that may or may not exist with regards to Vultane IS ultimately inconsequential.
Upto a point, the writers choose to re-use Valatine it was a conscious decison, no doubt to use a character with which some of the audiance might be familiar with. It's insulting to the audiance to think that they wouldn't pick up on the fact that he was seemingly killed yet alive and well at the end of TUC. It's sloppy writting, isn't one of the rules of writting be consistant with events, it clearly wasn't consistant with TUC.

And correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't "Flashback" imply that the events seen in the episode that took place days after Praxis exploded rather than weeks as implied in TUC?

Yet another inconsistancy (If I'm right)?
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote