View Single Post
Old October 28 2013, 11:48 AM   #392
Robert Comsol
Commodore

Re: Scaling the Excelsior Filming Model

Praetor wrote: View Post

An interesting revelation in this process: there's a little half-deck between the torpedo deck and the deck above it that makes the decks lineup with the windows.
Probably the upper level with the torpedo storage? Looks like height wise both might fit in together.

Praetor wrote: View Post
I then test-fit the above deck lineup into the TOS ship, and it fit quite well with only minimal tweaks. Doing some reverse math, we end up with secondary hull deck heights of about 15 feet... which doesn't seem completely unreasonable. Maybe there's just more space between floors and ceilings?
Looks like I'm hard pressed to scan my TOS engineering hull deck level draft to illustrate the issue.

E-Deck heights of 9-10 feet match best for the majority of TOS E-Hull exterior windows. Besides, we need those 16 engineering decks (according to TMoST) to have a Deck 14 wide enough to accomodate corridor footage shown in "Mudd's Women" and "Dagger of the Mind".

Bob
Robert Comsol is offline   Reply With Quote