View Single Post
Old October 28 2013, 05:11 AM   #319
Argus Skyhawk
Commodore

Re: "Iron Man 3" Review and Discussion Thread (spoilers)

I saw it last night and enjoyed it quite a bit. I have to complain, however, that the story's resolution centered around Stark destroying all the Iron Man suits, presumably retiring his days as a super hero.

Except the credits end with the words "Tony Stark will return." Besides, I doubt they are planning to make Avengers 2 without Iron Man. You know, when a movie ends with a hero resigning, and the movie makes an unexpected amount of cash, causing the studio to say "Hey, let's bring him out of retirement so we can make some MORE money," I find that annoyingly contrived. So for them to retire the character knowing full well they will soon un-retire him and thus cheapen the ending of the previous film... I don't like it.

Besides, comic book characters aren't supposed to retire after just three or four adventures. They are supposed keep saving the world over and over indefinitely. (I'm not saying the movie series should continue indefinitely)

But I still like the movie a lot.