View Single Post
Old October 26 2013, 12:22 AM   #425
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Location: Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down there 20 minutes ago.
Re: Captain America: The Winter Soldier pre-release thread

Remember a while back when there was all that hubub about the director saying that this would be "the greatest" Marvel movie of them all, then he backpedaled and said he meant "the gritiest"?

I'm starting to think it'll be both!

Granted, there's a lot more to making a kickass movie than just putting together a great trailer. Sometimes, it's the little things in the editing that make a big difference. IMO, there were many moments in Captain America: The First Avenger that were ruined by an awkward beat in the editing. And as Iron Man 3 has demonstrated, trailers can be very deceptive at times.

But I'm a lot more excited about Captain America: The Winter Soldier after the trailer than I was before the trailer.

And between this & what we've seen so far in the ads for Thor: The Dark World, I'm absolutely gobsmacked by the sheer scale of these things. It's getting to the point where even something as expansive as The Avengers is going to start looking downright pastoral by comparison.