View Single Post
Old October 25 2013, 10:39 PM   #168
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

Re: New Build, USS Vengeance from Star Trek XII

MadMan1701A wrote: View Post
Yeah, it's not 100% accurate to the picture, or any of the other references.

While building it, i used the Hot Wheels model for reference, the little QMX model, the Big QMX model, and then finally screencaps. It ended up being parts of all of them.

The area beneath the bridge is weird... to me, it looks like they set it up to be mirror reflective, and all of those blue lines look like window reflections. I didn't like that, so I didn't do that on mine.

Also, the model in the movie seems to look different than the one in the above picture... it's almost like they went back and tweaked some stuff afterwards.

-Ricky
There's some early concept art showing how they originally planned to make an open-plan bridge at the top of the central "tower" structure. I guess it's a holdover from that, before they decided to just paint the Enterprise bridge black.
MadMan1701A wrote: View Post
Thanks guys. I do plan on doing a 3 nacelle Dreadnought version, and a traditional looking one done up as the Excelsior, NX-2000.

So, my first wallpaper with this sucks. They specular maps didn't show up at all, and the lighting was no good. So...

1920x1080:
http://madshipyard.com/WIP/STXII/Veng/Vengeance2_HD.jpg

Much better, I think.

Pubilusr, I think you are right about the Hotwheels model... I really like the swan-like look that you noticed.

Orthos and stuff later...

-Ricky
Fuckin' awesome!