View Single Post
Old October 25 2013, 10:04 PM   #155
dub
Captain

Re: Would it really matter if the next Trek series were on linear TV?

Another article about the continued success of Netflix...

http://guardianlv.com/2013/10/is-net...nvelope-again/

(And a small mention of DS9 in the article as well)

Other shows that may push Netflix further along include Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, a Star Trek series whose writers later wrote Battle Star Galactia. The first 2 seasons of The Twilight Zone from the late 50s to the early 60s, created by Rod Serling. Ugly Betty and Xena: Warrior Princess will be shown and also an old known favorite Rockford Files. This streamlining of old shows should bring repeat viewers and give newer, younger audiences a chance to view old favorites without using or pushing the envelope.
I'll say it again, I became a Niner thanks to Netflix. I love streaming so much that I purchased a Roku 3, and I'm not the sort of person who has to have every little gadget that comes out. And I discovered the crazy amount of channels out there on Roku. Granted, most of the channels are crap, but there are some diamonds in the rough. And many of the channels are free. Some you just have to watch an ad here and there to view. Some are annoying with their ads [delete channel]. But you can't beat free!

But I'm also a fan of TV. And at this point, I'd love to see Trek come back to TV in either broadcast or streaming. Either way. Bring it!
dub is offline   Reply With Quote