View Single Post
Old October 25 2013, 09:52 PM   #48
Emperor-Tiberius
Fleet Captain

Re: Matt Smith would have stayed...

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
3chordboy wrote: View Post
wow, you really are an idiot... Moffat will still be running the show and BBC will still be paying for it's production so expect the breaks and badly written episodes to continue long after Smith until The Moff is shown the door.
According to a friend of mine who read the leaked e-mail about Doctor Who's future that forced the BBC to prematurely announce Matt's departure, the BBC plans no break in series 8. This is second-hand and I can't confirm its veracity, so take it with a grain of salt. I personally think the BBC would be making an enormous mistake to split series 8 between autumn 2014 and spring 2015. A great deal of momentum behind the series has been lost the last two years.
I completely agree. I can't help but feel that we've been deprived of one Matt Smith season/series, and thats not really fair for him and his portrayal as the Doctor.

Can I ask, is there really an animosity between Smith and Moffat, as its been lead to be talked about, thus leaving earlier than he would've? I don't really buy into that, but since you know of the mail and stuff, I thought I'd ask you.
"Seventy eight point four years, Doctor."

The Holy Three meet again, in The Return
Emperor-Tiberius is offline   Reply With Quote