View Single Post
Old October 25 2013, 03:06 PM   #35
Warped9
Admiral

Re: OSX Mavericks...

George Steinbrenner wrote: View Post
@Warped9: I would be remiss if I didn't put in my usual recommendation for Apple gear. In this case, the AirPort Extreme router (the one that looks like a white skyscraper ). I found the setup to be absolutely seamless and it works great.

Plus it supports dual 5 Ghz and 2.4 Ghz networks simultaneously. Your gear will connect to whichever one it can support, automatically.
This is one of the reasons I have stuck with Apple since I started owning a computer: little to no fuss in setup and use. I've pretty much decided to go with an Airport.

Otherwise everything else seems to be working fine with Mavericks. Safari actually seems to work better with it as well. I had some concern about SketchUp's compatibility initially but it works just fine. The only thing I had to fix (sort of) was my copy of Little Snitch which allows me to use my CS4 Photoshop and Illustrator. I had to upgrade to LS 3.3 and renew my licence. Thankfully I became aware of it before trying out Photoshop and Illustrator or it could have been a big headache.