View Single Post
Old October 25 2013, 07:12 AM   #13
MikeS
Fleet Captain

Re: Episode of the Week: 3x17 "Sins of the Father"

After last weeks and this weeks episode I think I have identified the point at which Picards personality seems to soften. In both episodes he appears to play "father figure" to two of his most repected crew. It's a welcome character trait.

JirinPanthosa wrote: View Post
And I also like it in Ron Moore episodes how he portrays Klingon honor as something hugely hypocritical. Like Worf is the only Klingon in the universe who really acts honorably and politicians are just as devious and opportunistic as Earth politicians except even more murdery. Worf longs for an idealized version of Klingon honor that never really existed and keeps trying to vainly intervene to push the empire in that direction. When really the people who talk the most about honor are only invoking the term to stay in power and are really just doing what's in their own best interest (Also just like Earth politicians).

Honor is the Klingon version of 'family values'.
I loved that they finally recognised that fact and addressed it at the end of DS9. If there were to be a post-script to modern Trek I'm sure the Klingons would have been portrayed differently thanks to Worf and Martok's influences.

Last edited by MikeS; October 25 2013 at 08:21 AM.
MikeS is offline   Reply With Quote