View Single Post
Old October 24 2013, 07:00 PM   #11
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: A more realistic approach to away teams

Mario de Monti wrote: View Post
I guess it depends on why they are beaming down in the first place. With the ship´s sensors they can gather pretty much all the information on fauna, flora, geology, etc. that they could ask for, so that "scouting away teams" are not such big a necessity, IMO. On the show they mostly beam down for a specific reason and thus to a specific place, not so much to just have a look around.

Mario
This.

Romulan_spy wrote: View Post
Unspeakable wrote: View Post
^ Which is what happen in Descent, the Captain left the ship's doctor in command, along with the third string support crew.

When attacked by the Borg they did just fine.

^(oo)^
We have Crusher to thank for that. Without her, I think we know what would have happened.
Picard should've been busted down to Ten-Forward dishwasher for leaving a capital ship in the command of the Chief Medical Officer during what could be a crisis situation. Either Picard should have stayed aboard or left Riker in command.