View Single Post
Old October 24 2013, 05:27 PM   #91
TREK_GOD_1
Fleet Captain

Re: Where Was Shatner At The Enterprise Shuttle Rollout?

trevanian wrote: View Post
TREK_GOD_1 wrote: View Post
trevanian wrote: View Post
Anybody else remember the embarrassingly awful films he did for high school classes where he'd 'play' real american farmers and other workers? I think Kim Cattrall is in one of them.
I believe you a referring to the mid 70s PBS series American Enterprise, which covered the rise of innovation in American industry, bookended with Shatner as a character relevant to the subject.

If memory serves, they were 15 or 30 minute segments, and to be honest, it was one of the most decent, to-the-point productions of Shatner's 70s work.
They may have been well-intentioned, but to highschool students, they played out as downright hysterical. i even scripted a parody where I was going to come out looking puffy with my hair combed to look toup-like and explain that while I am kevin martin, in this film I play William Shatner, a once promising stage performer and then short-term TV star now languishing in obscurity.

And that's from somebody who has always liked Shatner -- it was just too much seeing him in those, worse than BIG BAD MAMA by far.
Big Bad Mama is the worst.....all prints should be shot straight to the sun. I'll hold on to American Enterprise.