The Walking Dead Season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, May 6, 2013.

1. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There are dozens of medieval castle types of silent defences that can be done, spikes at head level through the fence or at the base of the fence, a mote, fire, bows and arrow, spears, snares, traps in the woods, how about removing that bridge Rick is so fond of meeting Laurie on? or hanging some of those 100's of sheets from the prison on the fence so the Zombies can't see in, remove some of the bars from the unused cells and make reinforced barriers or spikes/spears, have a daily noise maker draw them in a different direction.

At minimum have a couple of people spend an hour a day just spiking them through the fence even if you only did 1 a minute that's 120 an hour, In 2 or 3 shifts your problems would be solved.

Woodbury kept making their barriers bigger and bigger, surely some of those people now reside in the prison, put their @sses to work instead of laying up in the prison cells because that's all they seem to do.

The only ones I ever seeing working the field is Rick and Carl.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  2. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Remember season three's "Clear"--if one man can successfully set up walker traps of all kinds, surely the collective minds of Rick's gang can do the same...and they have the added benefit of a place designed to keep things out as much as it is to keep them in.

3. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Or, hasn't anyone in this group heard of a zip line? Stringing zip lines between the prison towers and several of the trees would permit anyone in the group to:

1. Create a distraction in the opposite direction
    2. Safely pick off walkers from above

Now that I think about it - didn't the Governor and his group blow up the towers when they tried to overtake the prison? Amazing they got rebuilt so quickly without the benefit of a welding torch.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  4. PKerr

As I said, dozens of things that can be done.

How about pulling back some of those old cars a creating another barrier away from the fence?

How about working on an alternate route in and out of the fence that doesn't require opening that big, heavy, clumsy fence and draws less attention to your front door? or fixing that one so it's easier to open and close?

5. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Well to be fair to them, the fences had been doing a perfectly fine job for awhile of keeping the zombies out. And there was a double layer of them. So they probably didn't see any urgent need to construct something else.

6. Triskelion

Triskelion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Where are they coming from? It's like Halloween in the suburbs. They're out there and you don't notice their actual numbers until you start giving away candy.

7. TREK_GOD_1

By the way, anyone know what happened to the female doctor from Woodbury? She was not part of the misguided attack party in the season 3 finale, so she had to be at Woodbury when Rick's gang liberated the survivors....

8. PKerr

I'm pretty sure they mentioned concerns a few times last season about walker build up at the fences so this isn't something that is taking them by surprise.

Also didn't episode one mention they have had this community for six months now and very little if anything has been done in that time to beef up the parameter around the prison.

We saw a small garden, a pig pen and some traps set in the woods but that is about it, as many people as they brought back that little bit of stuff could have been set up and started in a few days.

9. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought they only blew up one.

I'm thinking they should park a line of trucks behind the fence and leave them there permanently to shore it up. Even an intermittent line of vehicles would provide enough reinforcement that zombies could never knock the fence over (although the fencing material itself could corrode or break eventually).
    A continuous line of vehicles would practically suffice as a fence of its own when the fencing material showed signs of wear.

10. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sounds like a LOT of vehicles if you mean the entire fence.

11. TREK_GOD_1

They have gone through cars like socks on this show, so there's plenty around. Almost every scene on some deserted highway reveals many abandoned cars.

12. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe they should find a train yard or something and haul shipping containers to the prison using big rigs. Unload them along the entire fence. Maybe even do two rows of them, and build a chute for the dead to follow that leads to a pit where they can burn the walkers to ash once they get several in.

13. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Again, you think way outside of the time and resources they have. Big rigs, train yards, cranes, bulldozers? That's all outside of the scope of the time and resources they have at their disposal.

14. Marten

Marten Captain Captain

I watched the rat feeding scene again. I lean towards the adult theory. The height matches up better, both with the actual feeding and the flash light.

15. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Thing is, if it's an adult then it'd have to be someone we already know and I can't see any of them doing it. Aside from one of the two young girls I think the only realistic suspects are Beth (she always was a bit twitchy) and Carl (also twitchy.) I suppose it could be one of the new people, but we haven't spent enough time with any of them to make it an interesting twist.

16. PKerr

I watched it again last night too, they went out of their way to not show a hand so we couldn't tell if it was man, woman or child, black or white.

IMO They also never showed how tall or short the person was because you couldn't tell if the zombie was leaning over or not.

17. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

The Walking Dead 4x03 Sneak Peek 1 Isolation

The Walking Dead 4x03 Sneak Peek 2 Isolation

18. PKerr

Nice teasers, should be a good episode next week.

19. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I have a question:

Early in season 3 Carol practices a C-Section on a Walker cadaver in preparation for Lori's labor. While doing this we get a POV shot of someone watching her from the wooded area outside the prison. Was it ever clearly revealed who this was? It's unlikely it was The Governor, could this mysterious person be the one who was feeding the Walkers outside the prison? Or am I forgetting something in S3 that revealed who this was?

20. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Pretty sure that was the prisoner who tried to kill them all a few episodes later.