View Single Post
Old October 23 2013, 10:42 PM   #58
Yanks
Fleet Captain

Re: I really Like "Carbon Creek"

Mutai Sho-Rin wrote: View Post
Two things:

As the mod in the TNG forum, I actually like it when someone resurrects an old thread and adds substantively to it. I get the impression that Yanks read most, if not all of the thread before posting. As an aside, I share his (?) enthusiasm for the episode as one of the best of ENT and a top 20 of all Trek for me.

As someone who was 11 and a science junkie when Sputnik went up, I clearly recall that it was not visible to the naked eye, only through powerful binoculars or a telescope. I only had a cheap pair of binoculars and lived in urban Louisville so seeing it was out of the question.
Cool. I did read both threads that came up and thought this one was most appropriate for what I had to post.

From what Jack said, it wasn't easy to see it.

JACK: Oh really? Did you know that minutes after dusk, when the sun is just right you can see Sputnik with the naked eye. Maybe tomorrow I could show you.

But he was a sharp kid you know.